Axis Customer Forum

It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:36 am 

I have several issues with my ip camera setup that I hope someone here may have some insights on.

I have a Netgear 3700 router, several non-Axis cameras (4 Foscams and 2 "generics"). I have Port Forwarding setup correctly, but yet have an interesting set of issues.

(1) I can access all the non-Axis cameras internally on the network (Wifi or LTE connection on my iPhone using IPCAMViewer software), so I know I should have Port Forwarding setup correctly..

(2) Outside my network, I can access all the non-Axis camera when I'm on LTE (wifi off), but CANNOT access them when on an external wifi network. What happens when on an external Wifi is that when I initially connect I get imagery from all the cameras for a few seconds. Then the camera stops updating, and eventually (after, say, another 30 seconds), goes to "Camera Feed Not Available". Switch back to LTE, everything is fine. Be that as it may, ....I

(3) Set up 2 Axis 211 cameras in a similar manner to the others, setup Port Forwarding, etc. As usual, I can access all the cameras when on my internal wifi network, either by local 192.168...address or by the Axis DNS (axis00408.....axiscam.net:8xxx (8xxx is the port I used). BUT---

(4) I cannot access any of the Axis 211 cameras AT ALL when outside my internal wifi network, either when logged onto a local wifi or using LTE.

Unless someone has a great theory on why I can't access anything when on an external wifi network, I don't expect an answer here. But I cannot think of why I cannot any AXIS cameras. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere ??

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:47 am 

Can you access the Axis 211 camera directly via browser?

Without knowing the public IP address/dynamic hostname or the Axis 211 server report to isolate the issue, there is a limit to how I can help.

If you are interested in further discussion, please contact me via Skype @ Cheng.Xin.SG