Axis Customer Forum

It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:26 pm 

To store my Axis camera recordning I use a "Synology 216j" NAS. It records via a third part program "Survailance Station 8.0". Suddenly some "plugin" seem to be "needed" to view these made recordings (suggested downloads leads to nothing). A discinuation of browser to work with a "npapi plugin" seem to be the heart of the problem. I have asked Synology but they have not replied (yet). Anyone familiar with this and how did you solve it?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:03 am 

Most likely your new browser(firefox?) version has disabled the quick time plugin due to security issue.

Resolution is either one of the following.
1. Use and old browser version just for recording viewing from our synology Surveillance Station
2. Export your recording for viewing with VLC or other media player.
3. Use a new recording apps to record to your Synology NAS.

If you are interested in further discussion, please contact me via Skype @ Cheng.Xin.SG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:17 pm 

Synology has now replied "Most modern browsers now block NPAPI which is what our Surveillance Station plugin uses. In-place of this, we have created the Surveillance Station client software which does not require a browser or plugins. This can be downloaded from our Download Center".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 am 

Good. I am glad that Synology has provided a resolution.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:16 am 

I've been using the Surveillance Station Client at a ton of our sites with Surveillance station installed instead of using the browser. It has a Windows version looks exactly like the web page does. It comes in x86, x64, Mac, iOS, and Android as well as portable versions. It's much better for our end users than them trying to use a browser and not understanding why it doesn't work.