Axis Customer Forum

It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:53 am 

Hello,

We have a customer using their exisiting Inner Range "Integriti" BMS (Building Management system) to manages the schools analog bells. Intregriti has a built in scheduler functionality "Time Periods" which allows the bells to be triggered via micros. Has anyone managed integrate the AXIS TCP/IP speaker system with Integriti ? 'Intregriti' does not appear to have native integration with AXIS but does appear to have capability to tigger macros and similar automated functionality according to a schedule I was wondering if anyone had found a way to get Integriti to send an API call or similar commands to get the AXIS leader speaker to trigger an announcement ("School Bell.wav") file using the Intregriti's internal schedule ("Time Periods")

We have an AXIS TCP/IP speaker systems (C2005 & C3003E) Proof Of Concept in place in the new school extension. It would be advantageous for management of the analog and TCP/IP speakers could be managed via a single management tool rather then the current approach of using Integriti to manage the analog bells and Axis Audio player to manage the AXIS TCP/IP speakers

Thank you,
Fred

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:21 am 

I am not familiar with that BMS but do you need it at all? The speakers have a built in simple Sunday-Saturday scheduler built in with the free Audio Player ACAP. You can schedule there to play bell tones. However, if schedules change or you have a 2 hour delay or snow days, each leader would have to be manually changed.

Axis does have a new Audio Manager software with more advanced scheduling capabilities which also allows individual speakers to be in multiple zones.

Another option could be if that BMS has relay outputs you could fire, you could accept those on the inputs of the Axis I/O boards and then have them trigger to the speakers.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:53 am 

If Integriti can send out HTTP commands on its scheduler, then yes, you can send out the commands for Axis speaker to play a recorded scripts in scheduled time.

For the right command, it will be faster get it from Axis support. I am not too familar with Audio VAPIX for Axis Audio products. Need time to dig them out.