Axis Customer Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:02 pm 

Hi,

Greetings from a new member from Finland!

I am considering Axis Q60 series outdoor PTZ cameras for home surveillance. PTZ cameras seem like the only possible solution due to the largish area that needs to be covered (even 5 mp fixed dome cameras etc. can't provide enough pixels for identification purposes from a distance of up to 30 meters). The burning question, however, is that can I use advanced motion detection based on video analytics to reduce the number of false positive alerts? I also need automatic tracking of intruders.

This is what I have in mind:
http://www.udptechnology.com/video_analytics.html

My location is a yard with trees around it with animals & birds frequently moving there. I do not think a basic video motion detection will be any good here, hence the need.

I am also going to install several external PIR motion detectors in areas that will not be covered by the "home positions" of the PTZ cameras. The idea is to create camera presets for the PIR controlled areas so that the cameras can be turned to an area where a PIR alert comes from. Then the camera would start to track any object that qualify the criteria laid by VCA (i.e. human shapes).

Will this work with Axis Q60 series models? If the proposed software is not compatible, what are the alternatives and are they proven? I do not wish to be the beta tester for completely raw products. However, I am aware of the fact that most VCA software needs on-site calibration for the selective motion detection to work reliable.

Best regards,
Riku

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:04 am 

Great service, nobody even bothers to answer...

Don't worry though, other manufacturers seem to have good solutions and are willing to actually communicate with potential customers.

Goodbye and don't bother writing back.