Axis Customer Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:59 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:40 pm 

We try to connect up to 4 Axis Q6032 to one AP Client that can provide 10 Mbps Uplink and 2 Mbps downlink.
Connecting the 4 cameras using network cable works fine with average of 6 Mbps network usage for all cameras.
But when connected using the wireless link all cameras disconnect from server, network usage drops to less the 1 Mbps for all 4 cameras.
Evan if a single camera is connected to the server trough wireless it gets disconnected. There are no firewall or any filtering of any type on the system.
Camera configuration
D1 Resolution 25 fps 30% Compression, GOV Length 32, Variable bit rate, Network Interface Link MTU: 1500. Network RTSP Port 554.
If anyone has information regarding connecting Axis H.264 Cameras using UDP unicast on a wireless 10 Mbps connection To Milestone Xprotect Enterprise server or any other VMS System Please advise.

Post subject: milestone and h264
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:28 am 

I , any news?

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:20 pm 

Hi

We found that in - Network advanced settings - Link-Local IPv4 Address - unchecking Auto-Configure Link-Local Address improves camera behavior.
I'm not sure it is related but we unchecked all cameras.
In addition configuring - Video & Image - H.264 - Advanced - configure the bit rate control to CBR Target bit rate:3000 KBPS gave us good image results in day and night conditions making the camera use 1.5 up to 3 Mbps.

Best regards
Alon Salpeter

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:36 pm 

thanks

Post subject: Great!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:53 pm 

I am using a Q6032 over an Axis Wireless Link and I have been having problems with connectivity and frame-rate. The lag is awful... I am going to implement these changes on that camera to see the effects, but here at the office, I have noticed a huge difference in the link from a 225FD over Wireless link. Thanks so much for your help!!!

Post subject: Great!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:53 pm 

I am using a Q6032 over an Axis Wireless Link and I have been having problems with connectivity and frame-rate. The lag is awful... I am going to implement these changes on that camera to see the effects, but here at the office, I have noticed a huge difference in the link from a 225FD over Wireless link. Thanks so much for your help!!!