Axis Customer Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:08 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:07 pm 

Is it possible to set up push notifications of any kind using Companion software/cameras? Or do you have to be running cameras that can be managed by the Camera Station software?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:10 am 

With the non-mini version cameras, yes but not exactly a “push” notification via the Companion app. Companion Bullet LE (0959-001) for example, you can set the camera to send an email when motion is detected during defined hours. This can include a series of images captured during said motion. You can take this a step further by including a MMS/SMS address as the email to get a text message.

I’d really like to see these capabilities extended to the Companion recorder itself thus allowing for centralized management of such configuration and possible integration to include native push notifications.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:16 am 

Thanks for your reply, that's helpful information as I've already decided to upgrade from the mini to the LE. However, I contacted Axis and they also said they will be releasing a push notification function for the Companion line, beginning with the Companion 4 software which is set to release sometime before the end of the year. Good news all around.