Axis Customer Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:22 pm 

Good afternoon all,

I have recently setup Axis Companion for one of our customers but unfortunately I am unable to get into the actual camera configuration remotely using the Companion software.

On site I can access the cameras using the Companion software without an issue because the software gives me the IP address that the camera has acquired that I can click on and using ACCAdmin and the site password I can get to the cameras settings, however when I got back to our office although I was able to view all of the cameras using the Companion software the IP address had been replaced by the words 'Remote Address' and this is greyed out and I can not click on it to get to the camera settings.

Is this just the way that it is and you can only use this feature onsite or have I missed something in the setup that will allow me access to the camera settings while I am not on site?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Paul Frost

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:33 am 

Q1. Is this just the way that it is and you can only use this feature onsite or have I missed something in the setup that will allow me access to the camera settings while I am not on site?
A1. Yes, if you are using Axis camera companion by default. They established a private encrypted tunnel for remote access just for live view and viewing of recordings.

A2. To achieve what you want, you either
1. create the appropriate port forwarding to your camera http port and create a remote profile.
2. If your router is capable of vpn tunnel create an appropriate vpn tunnel.
3. If your router is capable of ssh tunnel with port forwarding feature that can also be used.

If you are interested in further discussion, please contact me via Skype @ Cheng.Xin.SG