Axis Customer Forum

It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:57 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:04 pm 

I have an issue whereby axis camera station is failing to connecting to the live view of a camera in H264 format at any configuration, but sucessfully connects via MJPEG.

The video server is a Q7424-R and I can succesully log into the web interface and view H264 video via IE9 and the Active X control, just not H264 through camera station.

The PC itself runs H264 videos fine, under windows media player and quicktime, and as mentioned above wil render H264 in the browser, so it doesnt appear to be a problem with H264 itself, just camera station failing to access the H264 streams.

Axis have advised me to reinstall my graphics card, and reinstall the decoders which i have since done, I have also installed camera station on my Windows XP laptop, and I am experiencing exactly the same scenario whereby MJPEG is available but H264 isnt, so this is looking like a bug in camera station.

Anyone else experiencing issues of this nature ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:54 am 

Yes I am experiencing exactly the same problem. As MJPEG seems to consume too much disk space this is a show stopper for me. I take it no resolution for this problem is known?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:52 am 

I found a solution! First download and install the streaming assistant (http://www.axis.com/products/streaming_assistant/index.htm). Then add one camera using this assistant, it will notify that you are missing decoders and offers to install them. Do this and the axis camera station is also able to use these decoders...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:03 pm 

The solution about adding the streaming assistant for the H.264 Decoder works up until you actually try to download it from the streaming assistant. At this point it will prompt you for Administrator access but no matter what admin account you use they will all fail at downloading it. The first fix that I found is that by default the companion app will only work on Windows 10 Pro, all other versions of windows don't come with the H.264 Codec which is needed to play the live stream and playback in the companion app. If you don't have pro and don't want to upgrade then another solution is to download the windows media player. The newest May 2019 version wouldn't work for me so I downloaded the October 2018 version and that finally fixed it. Here is the link for the Media Player, hope this helps! https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack