Axis Customer Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:49 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:21 pm 

All-

I apparently cannot live within my means so I need to find another way. I have an S2008 server with Axis Camera Station and 8 cameras at my home. Axis systems are on a different subnet than my other home devices. I have a typical wireless router that acts as the gateway to the Internet, just as you'd expect in a residential situation.

I have ACS installed on my computer at work, as well as iOS apps on my phone and iPad. I ran out of the 1GB data transfer limit within the first week of having the S2008 and ACS installed. So now for 3 weeks I cannot see what's going on at home.

I do not see good, clear instructions for accessing my server directly from remote locations, bypassing Axis Secure Remote Access altogether because of the limit.

I suspect the ACS service running on the S2008 server is listening on a port, and that I can use a dynamic DNS name and a port forward on that port to access the server directly from the outside, rather than set up a pointer to each camera individually. Are my assumptions correct? Even if the server is on a different subnet than the router?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:58 pm 

This is resolved. I was able to figure out exactly which ports to forward and now have direct connection to my system using a dynamic DNS account and port forwarding. Works great.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:14 pm 

Hey
Can you help me with this? I have the exact same issue except I have some static ip addresses I can work with. Which ports did you forward and to which device? How did you configure your device to work with these settings?