Axis Customer Forum

It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:59 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:44 am 

Hi
Could anyone please comment on this . I have a Dome P5514 camera and was doing a reset. In Apps the are 2 "AXIS Video motion Detection"
one version 2.1-2 and a 4.2-5 ......I am confused...why is that ???? isent it the same app or can they do different things ????

I have som problems getting my motiondetection to work...thefor I wonderd if I use the wrong app ????

and futhermore ...the axis -video-scene-provider ...what is this for ?????

and have I understod this right...there are no other FREE applications for this camera ???

( I am a "newbie" more and less so please keep it as simple as possible

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:24 am 

Hi,

I've managed to grab a similar camera (P5514-E PTZ) but can only see the "Video Motion Detection 4.2-5" and I think there should be only one.

Have you tried to upgrade the camera to version 8.40.1.2? please let me know if you still have both versions

Can you please describe the problems getting motion detection to work?

At the moment I don't know what the Axis -video-scene-provider is but will try to find information

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:20 pm 

I did just that...updated my camera to 8.40.2.2....but didnt look before that, how many apps there were. and both versions are the now...so I dont know if they were there both before the update....I have now stopped the oldest one from running....and did manage to get motiondetection to work.....and the gatekeeper to do as I wanted.
I am still trying to get wiser :-) in the rules and condition...but now I have a new problem...I cant find the tampering option.....its GONE ???
...the option were, if somone are ex painting the dome....the camera has to send me a mail....it was the before I updated...now I simply cant find it anymore....have you something wise to say about this issue :-)

Jose Paredes wrote:
Hi,
I've managed to grab a similar camera (P5514-E PTZ) but can only see the "Video Motion Detection 4.2-5" and I think there should be only one.
versions off motion detc
Have you tried to upgrade the camera to version 8.40.1.2? please let me know if you still have both versions

At the moment I don't know what the Axis -video-scene-provider is but will try to find information

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:02 pm 

Ole G. 294853 wrote:
I did just that...updated my camera to 8.40.2.2....but didnt look before that, how many apps there were. and both versions are the now...so I dont know if they were there both before the update....I have now stopped the oldest one from running....and did manage to get motiondetection to work.....and the gatekeeper to do as I wanted.
I am still trying to get wiser in the rules and condition, but now I have a new problem, I cant find the tampering option.....its GONE ???
...the option were, if somone are ex painting the dome....the camera has to send me a mail....it was the before I updated...now I simply cant find it anymore....have you something wise to say about this issue :-)

Latest...I am pretty sure that I got the manual for the latest firmware, but the are several places were the manual dosent fit ? for example were it describes the tamering option, it is simply not there in the camera as written in the manual.....but maybe I am missing something.

Jose Paredes wrote:
Hi,
versions off motion detc