Axis Customer Forum

It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Device Space Scarce
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:50 am 

My P5635E-MKII, with Camstreamer app loaded gave me device full errors and some features stopped working. I did a factory reset and am running firmware 8.3.1. When selecting "create new overlay" in the overlay tab, I'm getting the message "Space is getting scarce. To create a new image overlay, remove an overlay from this view first."

I've used SSH and FTP to look at files on the system and don't see anything unusual, but then don't really know what I'm looking for. I also don't know a command to tell me how much space the SSD has free and used. Thanks for any suggestions of how to chase this down.

Post subject: Re: Device Space Scarce
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:11 pm 

Hi Bill,

I think the best route in this case would be contacting Camstreamer and see if they fully support the AXIS P5635-E MKII and if so, what firmware they have tested.
There is also an updated version of firmware for your camera: 8.40.2
https://www.axis.com/en-us/products/axis-p5635-e/firmware/list

Thanks,
Marco

Post subject: Re: Device Space Scarce
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:23 pm 

Marco Parodi 100616 wrote:
Hi Bill,

I think the best route in this case would be contacting Camstreamer and see if they fully support the AXIS P5635-E MKII and if so, what firmware they have tested.
There is also an updated version of firmware for your camera: 8.40.2
https://www.axis.com/en-us/products/axis-p5635-e/firmware/list

Thanks,
Marco

Thanks Marco. Reported problem to Camstreamer. Problem has no happened again, but was running fine for over a month before hung with device full. We'll see if it comes back.

Camstreamer recommends against using 8.4.2 due to an audio synchronization bug that apparently will be fixed in 9.n, but that's not out yet. Also, am concerned with banner in old web interface that says the classic-web interface will go away in 8.4. My use case requires the rubber-band zoom that the classic-web interface offers, so I'll hang on to that until the function is restored to the new interface.