Axis Customer Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Axis Q19 for FenceGuard?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:20 am 

I need to detect people who have been breaking into a facility by climbing over a fence into a small parking area. I have a P3807-PVE, which gives a great view of the entire fenced area, and I have been testing out FenceGuard. Unfortunately, it has a very high rate of false positives from shadows. During the day, we are doing construction, and the shadow of a crane swinging around makes FenceGuard go nuts. At night, we have motion-activated floodlights that cast a shadow onto the fence from people making rounds inside, even when they are nowhere near the fence, and this, too, sets off FenceGuard.

If there's some way to make FenceGuard less sensitive to large shadows (like ignore large object would be great), please let me know. If not, I'm considering maybe getting the Q1941-E and using that as a high-end motion detector. My questions:

1. How accurate is the Q1941-E? At the price point, this only makes sense if it really solves our problem and essentially never has false positives or negatives. (My existing setup does not have false negatives, so I'm hoping that's the easy problem.)
  2. How does one get the camera with a particular lens? I'd need the 7mm lens in my setup, but it's not clear how this works. Does the camera come with multiple lenses? Or are there different part numbers to get the camera with different lenses? Unfortunately the places I see selling the camera don't really specify the lens (or say things that don't make sense like mention one lens and the wrong horizontal field of view). The word "lens" unfortunately doesn't appear in the user manual.

Thanks for any information.