Axis Customer Forum

It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:36 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:58 am 

Hej together,

I have a question regarding the input/output of some of your cameras. I am interested in the M3025-VE. It has got a terminal block for 1 alarm input and 1 output. Unfortunately the manual doesn't say much about these IOs.

Does anyone know, if the IOs are digital ones? Are they potential-free/floating connections?

I am asking because we need to be able to detect an alarm triggered by the camera. In our home automation system we have this 32 input actor, which can read switches, reed-contacts and so on:
https://www.homematic-ip.com/en/product ... nnels.html

As of my understanding, we should be able to connect the M3025-VE alarm output to this actor in order to detect an alarm.

Also, I am wondering of the thickness per wire. In the picture (https://photos.app.goo.gl/eZW7GcVECxFcGkum9), on the right hand side, shows a network cable (AWG23 approx. 0,6mm per wire) for comparison reasons. The cable in the middle (approx. 0,4mm or less per wire) which we intend use for the cameras IOs. Distance to the camera approx. 20m. But assuming the cameras IOs are digital, thickness shouldn’t be an issue. Is that correct? Please never mind the cable on the left hand side.

Last question, some of your cameras (not the M3025-VE) offer an input for an external microphone in order to talk to through the cameras speaker or to record to SD card. What kind of cable would you suggest for that? I guess in that case thickness per wire is important.

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:46 am 

Hi

https://www.axis.com/files/manuals/um_m3025ve_60325_en_1410.pdf

See page 7

Regards

Marcin

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:00 pm 

Thank you Marcin,

I am aware of the handbook of course, but it's not helping because I am not an electritioner or similar.
Still don't know if the relays are potential-free/floating for example.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:42 am 

The best result is available right now on Google. The search is the best option that we can choose. I am sure that it can take care well with the perfect guidance from some experts view it now. The expert's guide is very helpful to handle the connections properly.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:29 pm 

Hej Isabella, I appreciate your help and ofcourse I did some searches on the web.
I also don't see how a Webhoster (your link to hostsailorservices.com) is going to help me with my issues.