Axis Customer Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:48 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:02 pm 

Recently noticed that my M3026 will no longer connect to my network share. I have another Axis camera, a P1435-LE, that has no issues connecting.

When trying to mount the share via the Web interface I receive this message:
Code:
"Connect failed: Could not mount disk."

Here's what gets written to the syslog:
Code:
"[ WARNING ] disks[664]: mount_disks.c : Disk 'NetworkShare' NOT mounted (due to error) (4)"

I've tried removing the share and re-adding it, but still get the same error. Nothing has changed with the share in a couple of years so I suspect the issue to be on the camera side. It's a SMB share. I even tried a NFS share, but that didn't work either.

Appears it stopped working after a firmware update (about 2 months ago). I'm running the latest firmware now, 6.50.3. Anyone else seen this problem before?

Last edited by Jason McAfee 794915 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:26 pm 

After some further digging, turns out the most recent update for FreeNAS disabled SMB1 for security reasons.

I had to force my FreeNAS share to use SMB1 by setting a syctl tunable: freenas.services.smb.config.server_min_protocol=NT1

Also, I had to set the auxiliary parameter in the SMB service: "min protocol = NT1"

After bouncing the service it starting working again.