Axis Customer Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:12 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:41 pm 

Hi everybody,

I am using Continuous recording to a network folder. The AXIS cam splits the capture every 5 minutes and store a seperat file into the folder.
1. How can I configure the camera the way that there will be only "one" file to be stored.
2. The files are stored in *.mkv format, is it possible to have it in mp4 high quality, because i want to provide the file on my website in an HTML5 Video tag.
3. Is there a way to start and stop a capture by clicking button on the AXIS browser interface.

Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:20 am 

Q1. How can I configure the camera the way that there will be only "one" file to be stored.
A1. Possible but the file may get too large.

Q2. The files are stored in *.mkv format, is it possible to have it in mp4 high quality, because i want to provide the file on my website in an HTML5 Video tag.
A2. Not possible except through scripting.

Q3. Is there a way to start and stop a capture by clicking button on the AXIS browser interface.
A3. There is a record button that you can enable in live view in layout configuration.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:29 am 

Many thanks for your answer,

1. How can I configure the camera the way that there will be only "one" file to be stored.

Would be nice if you could tell how it can be done, to have one "single file" recording. The file size is not important.
Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:09 am 

You can only change the duration under plain config to cut the recordings from 5 mins to whatever you need. However that will not means it will not split into multiple file if the duration limit is exceed (example 10 mins)

http://<camera ip>/admin/config.shtml?group=Recording