Axis Customer Forum

It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:40 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:02 am 

Hi,
Im trying to get a notification on event Access Granted where a Card Holder argument will be passes to the Webhook.
In other words, id like to get a n HTTP trigger every time a door is accessed.
Unfortuantelly this event is not supported in the Event section under the Entry Manager default web base inteface. ANy way to implement it Via VAPIX? using SOAP only for this seems unnecessary....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:20 pm 

Hi,

You can use the event&action API customize your own event trigger and http action. Please refer to VAPIX API here:
https://www.axis.com/vapix-library/#/su ... 27/display

The trigger event topic is:
tns1:Door/State/DoorMode

BTW, in the default AXIS Entry Manager WebGUI, actually you can set the trigger as Door - Door Mode - Door - Door Accessed, which will trigger action once a valid credential is presented.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:38 am 

Thanks so much for your response.

Few notes:
Im trying to get the user that actually triggered the event (the credentials..)
As is ee it the Event Mode event will not work as it just post a Door access Evenet... I need specifically the Access Granted event which also holds the Card Holder....

If i am correct.. i have no option but to use API.
That said... how can i actually get the Card holder after that?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:41 am 

Hi again

If you need to trigger an action for a specific user/credential, you will need to use the API I think. The WebGUI only supports using topics of the events, not the content, but API supports that.

But if you want to know the user/credential information once there is the access granted, you can subscribe to the event (with a proper filter), or you do the polling from the event log. With both ways, you will get the credential info from the content of the event.

There are three ways to get push-message from units, all are part of the ONVIF event framework (which works with many ONVIF video products also)
1. Real-time pull point subscription
2. WS notification
3. Event stream
Section 9 of ONVIF core spec.
https://www.onvif.org/specs/core/ONVIF- ... n-v210.pdf

Or Fetech event from the event log on the local device (FIFO)
https://www.axis.com/vapix-library/#/su ... -t10068518

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:17 am 

Thanks so much for your amazing response!

You are correct. Subscribing to Any Event HTTP trigger using the GUI will only send back event modifiers. such as the event time.

Then i can pull the event from the product using vapix and get the credential.

One problem again is that the GUI doesnt support the Access Granted Only the Door access... so im stuck there. Since those 2 event can come at 2 different times. So I CAN NOT pull the Accesses event from the product to get the credential as sometime they can have a different time completely ( i tried..)

When u are mentioninng in your reply "Subscribe to the event" i assum you mean using the ONVIF since VAPIX doesnt support that correct?

If im correct so far... im trying to find a tool to subscribe to the access granted event.... I have everything developed via VAPIX and i find ONVIF extremely hard to implement since im using PHP....

Can u recoomend, help or send code to do that.... ?
I assume i will only need to do this once... since once i subscribe the required HTTP url on my end then im all set and i wont have to change it again ( unless .. of course.. i want to unsubscribe)

Thanks SO MUCH!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:26 am 

Hi again

Actually, the WebGUI supports both. The door access means the door is accessible now because of a valid credential is presented. The door physical status open means the door is physically opened. You should be able to find both on the WebGUI.

Not sure how to send the code examples... could you send me a message with your email address? or other contact info?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:00 pm 

Thanks,

There is a bit of confusion here on my part:

Once a valid credential is presented 4 events get triggered.
One of them is Door Accessed which can be found under the Door Mode section.

This event is tricky since if im using this event time stamp to later Fetch the event it doesnt hold the Credentials.

The 2nd of those events is Access Granted. This event DOES hold the credentials but this event can not be found under the GUI ( unless im wrong.... :)

Again.. they happen so fast andsimultaniuslly but as i mentoned I can not use the first to get to the 2nd event since their time stamps are a bit different... I
cubecleveland@gmail.com is the email
Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:05 pm 

Email sent with some API call examples. Hope that helps.

If you get the push events, might not need to do the action and fetch events...

But if you want that, I would suggest you can adjust the start timestamp back a little bit to be able to get the events with the credential token.

{"axlog:FetchEvents": {
"Start":"2012-11-27T00:00:00",
"Stop":"2012-11-27T14:00:00"}
}

you can add topics as the filter at the same time to get the event you want only. for example:
{"axlog:FetchEvents":{"Filters":[
{"Key":"topic0", "Value":"Door"},
{"Key":"topic1", "Value":"State"},
{"Key":"topic2", "Value":"DoorMode"},
{"Key":"State", "Value":"Locked"}]}}

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:41 am 

Hi,

So I got all the examples.
I think i have more of a basic question:

I want to get all the evnt dats on the http push so i dont have to go back and fetch the event using the API. is that possible.... I assume it is since this is how the Entry manager posts the event online...

So back to my example.. when i set up the AcceesGranted event using the soap how do i get the event arguments.. i tried to loom at the HTTP header but its only postes the time f the event..