Axis Customer Forum

It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:13 am 

I know my question is about a camera but since it's really a question on the axis VOIP client software I figured I might post it here instead of on the camera sub-forum. I have a M3037 fixed camera with built in duplex audio. When the camera receives a phone call (and auto answers) the camera plays a short "connection" tone on the camera speaker. I need to mute this tone - ie nothing played when the camera answers a voip call.

Any ideas? I have read the docs, what there is of them, for the axis voip client app, and have had no luck.

-W

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:36 am 

Q1. I have a M3037 fixed camera with built in duplex audio. When the camera receives a phone call (and auto answers) the camera plays a short "connection" tone on the camera speaker. I need to mute this tone - ie nothing played when the camera answers a voip call.

A1. Sorry I do not understand your question.
Axis M3037 is a 5MP fish eye dome with audio. It is not network video door station (camera phone) like A8105-E or A8004-E. It cannot answers or make a voip call.

If you are interested in further discussion, please contact me via Skype @ Cheng.Xin.SG

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:16 am 

Sorry, yes the M3037 can answer a VOIP call without any additional hardware. It can also make calls using action rules. Think of it as a VOIP speaker phone.

Correct, the M3037 is a 5mp fisheye camera with a speaker and mic, I have mine mounted on a ceiling.

For example I have my camera set up as extension 500 on my voip system. I dial extension 500 from any voip phone on my internal network, the camera will auto answer the call. This part works just fine. I can hear what someone is saying near the camera and I can talk to them - all using my desk telephone. I wish the speaker were louder but I am nit picking.

What IS the problem is when the camera auto-answers a telephone call on it's SIP extension, the camera plays a connection tone on the speaker and this is the tone I want to mute. I assume that this is the case for all hardware using the same Axis VOIP client software?

I don't hear this tone when using ACC to connect to the audio on the camera, only when using VOIP. How can I mute this connection tone?

Thanks

PS Since my question is a voip question I posted here, instead of in the camera forum.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:54 am 

Ok. This is new to me.

Screen capture this plain config settings for me and we will see if we can find some settings to meet your objective.

http://<cam ip>/admin/config.shtml?group=Voipd

If nothing can be found, you most likely have to login to Axis support for a customised firmware.

If you are interested in further discussion, please contact me via Skype @ Cheng.Xin.SG

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:32 am 

I hate to bring bad news, I already looked at the config page and, unfortunately, there are NO options on the plain config page for Voipd, nothing at at all. I can select the voip group just fine. (yes I did press the (select group) button :) I can view and change config parameters for other groups.

I'll reach out to Axis support and see if they have any options. Now that I am thinking of it I wonder if it is a connect tone or maybe a single ring tone before the camera answers the voip call?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:41 am 

Good luck. If you have the answer from Axis support, please post and share.