Axis Customer Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:07 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:09 pm 

Calls from the A8105 to the app on Apple/Android devices only work sometimes. Don't expect this to be a viable solution in that type of environment. If you're able to install it on your computer, it can create a local peer to peer connection that seems to work fine.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:00 am 

Both phone and 8105 must be joined to a private or public SIP server for it to work.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:03 pm 

Are you saying the companion app doesn't work for this and shouldn't be considered a valid solution?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:16 am 

Axis companion depends on the axis remote access acap running in each camera. This ACAP is a best effort module that try to establish a vpn tunnel between your phone and the camera via axis cloud server. As it is a best effort and connectivity to axis cloud servers USand europe is not always good depending on where you stay, the failure to connect at times are expected. A private or public pbx server in your country, on the other hand is more likely to be faster and more reliable.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:14 am 

Cheng,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply! I'm glad Axis has employees moderating the forums. How long have you been working for Axis? It would be nice to be able to email you with questions.

Have you been able to get the A8105 to reliably ring multiple SIP phones at the same time? Have you had any success using the Companion PC Client? Do you know why we're seeing the A8105 intermittently sending and receiving several MB of data when communicating with the AWS cloud? In testing, it appears the iPads are pulling their video stream over the LAN. Shouldn't the cloud only be used for notifications? Thank you for all of your help!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:55 am 

T1. I'm glad Axis has employees moderating the forums.
A1. I am not an Axis staff. Just a very experience SI (various VMS, cameras manufacturer) managing, troubleshooting and configuring about 5000 NVR, 40000 cameras in the small red dot on the map. Have several cross fire with various support inclusive of Axis.

Doing this free support usually when I am travelling on public transport. As most forum visitors give very limited information. All my replies are based on general assumptions and are just a light pointing hopefully to the right direction.

T2. Have you been able to get the A8105 to reliably ring multiple SIP phones at the same time?
A2. Possible. It all depends on whether your SIP server have the feature configured and enabled.

T3. Have you had any success using the Companion PC Client?
A3. Mix success. Used in cases where ISP don't provide Public IP to client. Not an efficent solution for non-EU and US based customer. Hoards too much bandwidth and CPU on entry level camera

T4. Do you know why we're seeing the A8105 intermittently sending and receiving several MB of data when communicating with the AWS cloud? In testing, it appears the iPads are pulling their video stream over the LAN. Shouldn't the cloud only be used for notifications?
A4. AXIS Companion communicates with Axis Cloud server for the IP address of the cameras for their sites and also to establish if tunnel a necessary for establishing the a tunnel between the client and the camera. 1 query for each camera in the same site, so bandwidth of several MB is not a surprise.

T5. Thank you for all of your help!
A5. You are welcome.

If you are interested in further discussion, please contact me via Skype @ Cheng.Xin.SG

Please pardon me if I could not give immediate attention due to time difference and personal commitment.