Axis Customer Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:22 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:51 pm 

We have door stations deployed at the entrances of our schools. I have them set to make a SIP call through our Cisco CUCM to an extension at the front office of each building. That works great. However, as a convenience feature, we have Axis Companion configured on the secretary's computer so that they may also answer the call without having to reach for the phone. However, if you answer with Companion, it does not end the SIP call automatically and it will continue to ring until you either decline the call on the desk phone, or the call timeout period is reached (I think I have it set at 30 seconds).

I have a ticket open with Axis support without any success. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:02 pm 

I don't have time to try it out but have you tried looking at creating an action rule in the 8105 Configuration? Maybe there is one that you could create that would end the SIP Call if it is answered via other means. I'll see if I can't test it out later. Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:09 pm 

I've looked and don't see an option for Companion answer to disconnect SIP. I think there has to be an easy way like that, I just can't find it. Something with audio streams maybe, if I set the maximum incoming audio to 1, will it kill the SIP call?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:15 pm 

I'm not sure but that is a likely possibility. Unfortunately I don't have anyway to test that one. I would give it a shot though. You can always change it back!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:58 pm 

Hey Brandon! Did you get it figured out yet? Are you using Camera Station Server or just Companion?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:14 pm 

Ok. So I can't test it completely as I don't have SIP setup in my office but I think I might have found something that looks promising. If you go into the Configuration of the actual A8105-E and look at Events. Click on Action Rules -> Add. Give it a name, then under the Condition Section for the Trigger go with Call, StateChange, and AcceptedByRemote. For Schedule, you can do whatever but Always seems most likely. Then down under Actions, Type try Terminate call and for the Terminate calls in state put Ringing. Logically it seems like that might work or at least is in the right direction.